Protect yourself from the Pension scammers.
How can you identify a pension scam? The following points may stop you from falling into the pension trap!
- If you think that you have been scammed act now! If you’ve already signed something that you are now unsure of contact you pension provider immediately, they may be able to stop a transfer that has not gone through yet.
- Unsolicited phone calls, text messages or emails about your pension are nearly always scams. The often claim to be from Pension Wise or some other Government backed body. These agencies never contact you to offer a pension review.
- Beware of unregulated offers offering a guaranteed return on your investment. These often include offers of overseas investments in hotels etc. don’t be rushed into making a decision based on ’time-limited’ offers. Take your time to make all the checks you need even if it means missing out on an amazing deal!
- Often scammers will pose as financial advisers. Check that they are regulated on the FCA’s website. Don’t be fooled by smart brochures or web sites, even those that feature information about scammers.
- Don’t let a friend talk you into an investment, do your homework. False confidence can lead to getting stung with a pension, and it may be years before you find out that you have been scammed!
If you think that you have been fooled into invest in a scam pension scheme contact us to day on 01942 619911.