Key things to remember about financial mis-selling:
- It’s not about whether you lost money – even if you didn’t lose out, if the product isn’t right for you – perhaps it’s a riskier investment than you wanted – you can still make a complaint about financial mis-selling.
- You can’t complain just because an investment performed badly – some investments are risky, and if you take a gamble you have to accept that you might lose. But you can complain if you weren’t told about the risk.
Some ways you might have been mis-sold your investment:
- you weren’t told about the risk involved
- you weren’t told how your money would be invested
- the product didn’t suit your needs or attitude to risk that you discussed with the adviser.
There are many reasons and ways in which you may have been mis-sold a pension, they are one of the financial products that have been most commonly and widely mis-sold by banks and other financial institutions.
How can I tell if I have been a victim?
- You were not given all the information necessary to make an informed decision.
- You were advised to take out a personal pension even though your company scheme would have given you a better return.
- You were under pressure to make a decision and were not given enough time to shop around for a better deal
- The adviser failed to ask about or take into consideration any pre-existing medical conditions.
If any or all of the above statements apply to you, you may be entitled to compensation so contact us today on 01942 619911 and speak to one of our advisors, it may be the best thing you have done today!